The bullet points below give a quick summary of some of Elizabeth Schwartz's body of casework.
- Successfully represented Starbucks Corporation at trial obtaining a permanent injunction against trademark infringement.
- Represented largest potato grower in the United States in a $3 million lawsuit alleging breaches of contract and warranty related to a failure of 14 industrial pumps to supply sufficient water for crop irrigation.
- Drafted summary judgment motion regarding complex trademark issues in multi-district litigation, which resulted in case settling.
- Achieved defense verdict on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers in $2 million jury trial for public accounting malpractice action.
- Defended major credit card company in numerous lawsuits alleging claims of fraud, negligence, and violation of federal banking statutes; all either dismissed or successfully settled.
- Conducted internal investigation for IBM in response to complaint alleging $1 million in damages for breach of contract, which resulted in plaintiff paying IBM $75,000 to settle the litigation.
- Represented Qwest in challenge to municipally-imposed fees in excess of rates permitted by Oregon statutory law.
- Wrote amicus curiae brief in support of petition for certiorari to the United States Supreme Court on behalf of wood products trade association regarding regulatory takings issue.
- Represented national travel center in administrative and appellate proceedings challenging ODOTâ€™s denial of highway access permit.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Bally Total Fitness, defeating claims for breach of contract, fraud, and violation of Oregon securities laws.
- Successfully represented Democratic Party plaintiffs in trial to determine congressional redistricting boundaries after the 2000 census.
- Represented mining company in lawsuit against Port of Portland for breach of contract and CERCLA violations arising from delivery of contaminated fill material.
- Represented pension fund in action seeking specific performance of a settlement agreement in which defendants had agreed to undertake environmental remediation; successful settlement immediately prior to trial.
- Spearheaded all discovery on behalf of a defendant in the Capital Consultants consolidated securities litigation, encompassing approximately 500,000 documents.
- Negotiated dozens of settlement agreements.
- Advised clients regarding all aspects of commercial litigation matters.
- Counseled clients and coordinated responses to all variety of discovery subpoenas, including requests for production of documents, requests for admissions, and requests for interrogatories.